Saturday, July 21, 2007

Lots of Pictures

Here are some pics my sister sent me yesterday. They are of my family, Caitlin, the ranch, and surrounding country. Aren't my niece and nephew adorable? I have been hearing all kinds of really cute stories about them and what they like to do. It makes me sad that I can't be around them all the time.

The horse that Caitlin is riding in the pics is named Root beer. He is like the family dog almost lol. He's just an old man of a horse and lives out in their front yard. Look how happy Caitlin is! I wonder how she'll be after a hard days work today.

Caitlin and Root beer. Wow, she looks like Katie Holmes in this picture...only prettier!

Elizabeth is a lucky little girl to grow up around horses

Root beer would rather be grazing somewhere alone

Horsin around

She looks at home already

Tim and the kiddos...that's a lot of hay in the background!

Tim and my nephew Jack

My niece Elizabeth a.k.a. "Sparky"

Jack loves getting dirty

Lynn says he wears this hat all the time

Tack

Rocky...I'd love to hike here!

Ridge

Ranch Headquarters

I like this because it shows how dense the forest is behind this building...it's not uncommon for mountain lions and bears to wander into the ranch from time to time

Wild Mustangs roam free...this is the leader

Panoramic view of wild heard

Majestic Mountain

Hummingbird and Indian Paintbrush

different view of red building and forest

More views of Mountains and foothills...if I ever get to come for a visit I'm bringing my tent!

Dandelion?

Flowering Cactus

4 comments:

Sean Wright said...

I am booking a ticket now,even got my brokeback mountain jacket. Looks like a beautiful place.

Little Mama said...

There is something about living in the city, but when I see places like that, I wonder if life on a ranch or farm would be more my style. I love nature and seeing kids running wild and free, exploring the world!

Ginny said...

I hear ya Trina. I appreciate the city too, but places like this really speak to my heart. There is something to be said for a more simple existence.

Poodles said...

"I wish I could quit you".

Sean the brokeback comment made me laugh.

Despite the mormon church, the mountains are one of the reasons I do like living here.