Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My Daughter Wants this Horse


It's a nice animal no doubt and I would love for her to have it, but of course boarding a horse is expensive. So my solution is to help Caitlin network so she can find steady work to support the cost of a horse. I doubt it will be this horse, but there are others out there that are equally as fine.

It is one of Caitlin's dreams to find a good horse that she can train to barrel race on. she wants to use the training methods of an Australian trainer named Clinton Anderson, who is a well known, well respected horse whisperer. She wants to start out on a young horse and is convinced that she can earn decent money if she has a decent horse. I've heard of crazier ideas. It's true that good barrel racers can make money, but how much of those big bucks go back into the upkeep of the horse, equipment, and racing fees? I'm sure Caitlin will find out and she should have the opportunity to try and make a dream come true.

I know I have a few readers, so if you can help us network that would be great!

4 comments:

Valatan said...

I have a cousin that at least partially maintained boarding for a horse by working in a stable. She's married and a lawyer now and I don't see her all that much anymore, but I could talk to her sometime

Ginny said...

Thanks Jerry! She might have some great ideas or contacts. One never knows. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

Ginny said...

Hi Lena! Thanks for leaving a comment. :)