Monday, November 28, 2005

Home again!

Over the Thanksgiving holiday we went to Santa Fe to visit family and have a nice little trip. I actually had a pretty good time and look forward to visiting SF again in my future. For one thing, there is much window shopping to be done, and more hot tub soaking at 10 thousand waves, which is this way cool place. More on that later...

Santa Fe is mountainous and this used to be a concern of mine, because the last time I went before this trip, I had a panic attack while driving up into them. Needless to say it was a harrowing experience for me that left quite an impression. Perhaps maybe a fear of hights is responsible. I seem to be more paranoid about hights these past couple of years for some reason. It wasn't always such a problem.

Thanks to a friend of mine who is a doctor, I was able to seek out a temporary cure for the problem. She told me about a little something called xanax and I made an appt. with my doc who gave me a prescription for it. The drug is supposed to help one relax and prevent any anxiety. Basically it can zing you out a little and make you not have a care in the world. I imagine for larger doeses that could be the case more often than not. But for me I only needed a small dose and experienced little side effects. Good thing too. It worked like a charm and I'm happy to say I don't fear mountains near as much anymore, at least not for now. We'll see how I do next time. Hopefully I won't need a little happy pill anymore for mountain treks.

No comments: