Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Eve Gift!

It's just too easy. I know no one outside of family will know what this means. It's a traditional thing every Christmas for us and I usually win. The point is to be the first one to say or convey the words "Christmas Eve Gift" on Christmas eve to get an early gift.

One year my brother snuck over to my house in the middle of the night and wrote "Christmas Eve Gift!" in huge letters all over my car door. He knew I'd be in it early the next morning on Christmas eve and would see it first thing. That was a good one. After that I didn't let much get by me and have usually gotten everyone else first. It's just one of those silly family traditions but we have fun with it.

4 comments:

Ginny said...

And just in case there is any dispute...it is 1am central standard time Dec 24th as I'm writing this. I don't know why the time stamp on my blog posts are always messed up.

Sean Wright said...

Didn't you already get the early gift from your sister?

Sharon said...

Ok, you Got ME!!!!! But, I got Lynn..on her blog!!!!! (I figured you
you'd use your blog this year to get us both!!!! and I was right! )

maybe we'll get you one of these years! lol

Ginny said...

Didn't you already get the early gift from your sister?

Yeah but that was an accidental opening...but now it's okay!