Tuesday, March 09, 2010

My Sister Lynn is in Town

My great uncle died a few days ago prompting some of my immediate family to drive to Fort Worth for the funeral. Unfortunately I had to work and was unable to make the service. I loved my great uncle. He was a very smart and talented man and his death impacts me in several ways. I forever grapple with death and the finality of it...so many people who were important to me gone never to return.

Anyway, I got a phone call from her today and she and her children are coming to Austin this evening. I am truly excited that I get to see her and the kids. The visit is long overdue. I only wish my brother could be here too. When the three of us get together it is always hilarity. We so rarely get opportunities to all be together at the same time. It is especially fun when my brother and I gang up on my sister and play little jokes on her. Ah good times... So Lee you will be missed dear brother o mine.

Oh I forsee some some major cooking going on in my kitchen over the next couple of days. I need to remember to take lots of pictures with my spiffy Ara camera. :)

No comments: