Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dating Site Rant

Men get a clue! Don't brag about your gadgets and cool material things so much. It makes you look dumb and like you are compensating for something. I can't stand it when I go to a guy's profile to see that he seems to care more about his gadgets and gizmos than anything else. That reeks of a man who is nothing more than an immature materialistic kid. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the kid inside, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Another thing that annoys me is some of these profiles are way too filled up with accomplishments and pats on the back for oneself. There is nothing wrong with high self esteem, but inflated egos completely turn off quality women. Profiles that list off hundreds of reasons why you are so awesome have red flags all over them. A little humble pie wouldn't hurt.

Oh and of course don't get me started on photographs. Too late...I'm going there. If you feel you must show off your six pack online, I simply shake my head and laugh. Nothing screams egotistical bastard more than the shirtless eye candy photo. Get over yourselves already.

And for those of you who don't post photographs, I don't care what your reasons are...they are not honest. You are either married, have a girlfriend, or are unattractive. And using the excuse you are worried your kids will see you is lame! If your kids are cruising dating sites on the internet you have way bigger problems than not having a date.

3 comments:

Joe said...

When I was on Match, I didn't even look at profiles without pics. What are you hiding? I'm no prize in the looks department, but I took a couple of thoughful pics. Sandra threw up only one pic and I wouldn't have seen her profile without it. I even told her (later) that she almost missed out on me because of the lame pic she put up. I'm right with you on this one, Ginny.

Ginny said...

Hi Joe! I didn't know you and Sandra were a match.com couple. Hahaha, love it!

Ara & Spirit said...

That is just too funny Ginny!!! ah!ah!ah! I needed that tonight...
Is that what the world has come to? I call it the "Chrome Hummer" syndrome... You are just too funny.. Love you Girl..
Ara & Spirit