Thursday, May 01, 2008

Getting Back to the Great Outdoors!

A friend and I are gonna camp two days in a row this weekend. I'm really happy about that because it's rare I get to do such a thing. Usually it's just Saturday, come home Sunday. That's never enough for me. If I could stay out a few days in a row and do some through hiking I'd be totally thrilled.

This trip is a car camping trip with hiking involved. The first day I'll have some time alone since my partner has to work a bit. I intend to use that time checking out the area and test my ankle a bit. It hasn't hurt once over the last few weeks and feels pretty strong, but believe me, I'm gonna baby it and be ever so careful on the trails. I sure as hell don't want a repeat of that injury. I'll tape it for added support in my boots...I think it will be fine.

It's wonderful to get back out on the trails. It's all I can think about right now this Thursday night. My house is clean and my yard is looking great, so all I have to do is relax and enjoy a worry free weekend. I'll come back to the blog with pictures and the usual trip report. I like trip reports a lot. They are so much fun for me to go back and read to help jog the memory. Remembering good times and making new ones is what it's all about.

No comments: