Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Going Camping!

I look forward to it greatly! Finding a park that wasn't full was a bitch and I'm lucky to get a reservation, but I remembered that Thomas and I went to a few LCRA parks and they were commonly less full. I don't think we ever went to Lake Bastrop South Shore though , which is where I'm heading this weekend. I guess this is a good time of year for family camping. Primitive sites would have been much easier to secure but I'm not back packing this time. Jen is coming along with her family so it should be a lot of fun.

I have tons to do to prepare. Car camping is not near as simple as back packing because you can really load up with equipment and more comforts which takes forever to set up and take down. I hope to hit the trails in the park and think they will be much like Lost Pines...forested with gently rolling hills. I can't wait and Ben is really excited too.

4 comments:

Valatan said...

Yay the outside. It's fun that Ben's coming along. I've never been to lost pines, I hear it's really beautiful.

Sean Wright said...

Happy Dance

Hope you have a great time

Little Mama said...

Have fun! My weekend will consist of painting (ugh!) and maybe a little XMAS shopping.

Ginny said...

I wanted to go to Lost Maples but will settle for pine trees. :)