Thursday, September 27, 2007

Out Cold

Today I passed out cold. I've never had that happen to me before and still don't have an explanation for it. I'm making an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow. The only thing I can think of that caused me to check out for a minute or two, was the muscle relaxer I took today. I have a prescription for them and have never had any type of issues taking them, but about 30 minutes after taking one today I got extremely dizzy and when I got up to get some water, I crashed to the floor.

I don't remember any of that part. I just remember coming to and my friend Jen was over me shouting my name. That was so bizarre! She said I was out completely for a good minute and was about to call 911 when I woke up. It took me a while to comprehend what had happened to me and I was shocked to find myself flat on my back sprawled out on the floor. I was still very dizzy when I came to and it took me a few minutes to get to my feet and over to the couch. I slept the rest of the day and feel much better now, save the bruising on my face and knees from falling.

That was scary for a while there though. I wonder what the doctor will have to say about it tomorrow. I probably should have gone to the ER but I'm very stubborn about that so no lectures will be necessary from anyone. I will make an appointment to be seen in the am so will update everyone later. For now though I think I'm okay.

8 comments:

Little Mama said...

I went to the ER after I passed out and the only thing I came away with was a $2500 hospital bill. Never got any answers as to what caused it. So I don't blame you. Hope your doc can shed some light on things. Scary!

Sean Wright said...

Take care. Sounds serious. Low blood pressure?

Ginny said...

Today I feel ok other than a black eye, a sore shoulder, and a few bruises here and there. It looks like Russell beat me up! lol

Anyway, as soon as the doc's office opens today I'll make an appointment. I'm really thinking the muscle relaxer is what caused me to faint, but who knows.

Ginny said...

Btw Trina I thought of you yesterday remembering that you too had an episode very similar where you just passed out for no reason. I'm not surprised they didn't find what was wrong. I suspect my doc won't find anything wrong either...I'm healthy as a horse!

Sean Wright said...

The American health system stinks, if I go to the ER in Australia it don't cost me a dime.

If I go to the Doctor(GP) I pay $55 a visit and can claim $32 back.

Trina the 2500 dollar bill would have caused me to faint again.

Anonymous said...

OMG! *HUGS* Keep us posted, mmmkay?

Ginny said...

I don't go to the doctor until Monday morning. I'm sure everything is ok, it was probably just a combination of getting up too fast and the muscle relaxer. LOL I was relaxed alright. ;)

Poodles said...

That was one hell of a head rush!