Monday, September 03, 2007

My World Today

I've spent the afternoon painting and taking pictures.

Monarch Chrysalis. These are so enchanting! I love finding them in my yard and I'm taking one up to Ben's classroom tomorrow so the kids can learn about them and release the monarch when it hatches out. Should be a great educational experience for his classmates.

At first I thought it was a bumble bee, but then it landed finally and I was able to get a better look. It's another Robber fly...a really BIG one too. It looked to be about one and a half inches long! It appears to have a false eye. Interesting how it really does look like a bumble bee when it's in flight. These things are so alien looking!

I'm painting this for my niece and will probably finish it this evening. I love to paint. I found a few of my old pieces from years and years ago that were never finished and am going to start on them next. I'm so excited to be painting again!

1 comment:

Sean Wright said...

Nice photo's and painting (as usual). I should scan some of Alison's pencil work.

Maybe be you should go down a creative career path?