Monday, December 22, 2008

Ginny has a Job!

Yep, after sixth months of not being successful finding work, I finally landed a job. It's a temporary to hire position and I have no doubts I'll be hired. The pay is very low to what I'm accustomed to, but once I'm hired full time I will get a raise. I hope it will be a good raise, but some is better than none.

The company is a mortgage company, which is an industry I know little about. Being the receptionist makes it very difficult to get any training in more challenging areas, but my new employers are finding out very quickly that I can handle way more than the job requires. Thankfully they are giving me more to do! I hate being idle in the work place. I've been told several times over that it took me mere hours to learn what it took the girl I replaced three weeks to learn. Yeah, I'm good *pats self*, but then again reception positions are easy as pie.

I like the people there, although they seem a bit stressed out. I'm doing my best to help them anyway I can, it's unfortunate that none of them can slow down long enough to teach me their computer system. I have limited access and am only able to use the internet to look up people's place of employment for employment verification. I know if they would give me the opportunity to learn their software, I could make a huge difference and possibly even find ways to streamline some things. I'm good at that. But they say I am making a huge difference already and they are happy.

The two owners (husband and wife) are nice as can be, and they are so grateful I'm there. It's nice to be appreciated and have received rave reviews. The wife is particularly thanking me all over the place because I've been able to take over the position I'm in with very little help. I'm making it my own and asking her constantly to give me some of her work load. I can see in her face how stressed she is and I want to learn fast so I can be a key player. I wonder if she'd be willing to come in on a weekend and teach me stuff. I should ask...

8 comments:

Valatan said...

I'm so happy for you! And I'm glad that it's going well. *hugs*

Ginny said...

Thanks Jerry! :)

Hope things are going well back home. Have a great holiday. I miss you and Azzurra already!

Sean Wright said...

Enjoy Christmas Ginny and congratulations

Sharon said...

CHRISTMAS EVE GIFT!!!!!!!!

MOM AND LEE

Ginny said...

Nice! lol

AscenderRisesAbove said...

Congratulations! (i bet it is a bit on the stressful side?)

Ginny said...

Hi Ascender. :)

Yeah it is a bit of a transition but I'm settling in quickly.

Little Mama said...

Sorry I'm late to reply, I haven't been on the computer in a week. But CONGRATS!!! Sounds like this is a great opportunity, keep us posted!