Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Learning guitar

Actually I'm re-learning. I dabbled in guitar many years ago and loved playing but at some point my interests changed and I moved on to other things. I can't believe I have forgotten just about everything I used to know and how I'm having to re-learn it all. I guess that's not such a bad thing in reality. It's challenging me and I love to be challenged.

I haven't been getting professional lessons, but several of my friends play and they are teaching me things here and there. I am thinking about hiring a professional teacher though and really learn it all. Then one day I'll surprise all my friends with an amazing solo. I hear one has to practice about 10,000 hours to be an expert at something. I don't think I'll have that kind of time, but we'll see. ;)

No comments: