Saturday, July 22, 2006

Southeast Metropolitan Park

Great little hike today(Sunday). In attendance were Thomas, Mykel, myself, and Elliott.

I don't think we got very many miles out of this one because it felt over so quick, but what it lacked in mileage it more than made up for in a beautiful trail with nice little ups and downs the whole way...oh and it has lots of shade! We did take the group camp site side trail and it was a nice little extra that made for a good uphill pull when coming back out of it.

There were some great views of downtown Austin in a couple of places and plenty of peaceful places to chill out and relax. This is a trail I'll be frequenting on my own from now on. There don't seem to be many people using it, which is surprising considering how well marked and maintained it is. SE Metro Park gets two thumbs up from me.

No comments: