Monday, July 17, 2006

Dana Peak

Last Sunday I went hiking with my usual partners, but also brought along my friend Elliott (first pic below). I hope Elliott will accompany us again as he proved to be a worthy hiking partner.

It was one of the more taxing hikes due to the heat and there being almost zero shade. I am guessing we hiked between 5 and 6 miles, considering the trail map was almost worthless and we did get off track somewhat. In any case, it felt like we hiked 10 miles that day because of the heat. Amazing how 96 degrees can feel more like 110! Summer is definitely not my favorite time of year to be out hiking. I can't wait for the fall!
Thomas and Mykel resting on summit.
Beautiful view from my perch at the top. The breeze coming off of the lake was most welcomed by us all.

No comments: