Sunday, June 07, 2009

My Days are Filled with

Work, taking care of the best little boy in the world, keeping the homestead clean, swimming, getting tan, spraying sunscreen all over Ben and myself, visiting with pool friends, paying bills, buying snake food, watching Ben color or draw, feeding the cat and giving her enriching things to do, feeding fish and a bottomless pit of a crawfish, cleaning tanks, cooking, driving, messing around on the computer, reading, talking on the phone, doing laundry, shopping, and on and on it goes...

Life is full and I am in a reasonable place. I have many good fortunes to look forward to. But I do crave the simple life. I crave the back country and want to visit wild places outside of my dreams. It is coming, but I need to be patient and let it all unfold. Ben is a real nature lover and he can't wait to go out camping again. He will need to practice some patience too. It's good to learn delayed gratification.

I saw an owl the other night, a Great Horned owl. Beautiful sight! Of course I couldn't help but be reminded of the one I left behind in the old neighborhood. The birds are prolific here at the apartment and at work. I saw an Oriole at work the other day while on my lunch break, and several other species as well. I like to sit and watch them when I can. Our office site is quite nice and I see a lot of nature there. Deer are always in the area as well as frogs, and fish too.

I'm thinking about getting a tarantula, but that is going to have to wait. I want one that is the size of a dinner plate and wear it like an accessory, The kids will love it! But it will be costly and there are other things more pressing. Someday, someday.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

You should move to Montana or Colorado to enjoy all the nature you could stand..
Glad life is good...

Ginny said...

Well for now I'm stuck in Austin until Ben is 18. Not that being here in Austin is a bad thing...I love this town and my friends who live here...