Monday, April 14, 2008

Canyon of the Eagles

I camped last weekend with a group of my friends. Canyon of the Eagles is a gorgeous place with plenty of hiking trails and things to do. I organized the trip originally for myself...thinking I'd be doing another solo...but when a few of my friends discovered where I was going they were all over it and wanted to come along.

It turned out to be five of us altogether including myself. Jen, Roland, Ram, and Windy were my camp mates. I went early in the am to grab a camping spot and set up camp while they got the troops together and what little gear they could scrounge up to bring(they are not regular campers). I brought tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, lanterns, tons of food, charcoal, mosquito repellent, water, back packs, etc... They show up with beer, smores stuff, pillows and blankets, and a cd player that stopped working after ten minutes. :)

We had an absolutely great time! At first I wasn't feeling well because a migraine settled in and wouldn't go away for several hours, but thanks to the beer and a couple of aspirins, it finally relinquished and I was able to enjoy myself.

1 comment:

Sean Wright said...

Sounds cool. I have just finished 3 weeks on the road. Cabin camping by the sea and then desert camping on the edge of the Gibson desert - I have some photo's of ruined farm houses as well