Monday, October 18, 2010

Twenty Snakes in a Row

Tonight was fun. A friend of mine owns twenty beautiful ball pythons because he breeds them. He has many different hybrids that are gorgeous and some are quite large for the breed. I had the pleasure of feeding all of them tonight.

This was a process. Several of the snakes are quite mean because of their genetics, so grabbing and putting them in feeding buckets was challenging. I got struck at many times by this one snake in particular and was thankful her aim wasn't true and my reflexes were quick. The best part of all, is almost all of the snakes grabbed the rats out of my hand. That was cool. I held the rats by their tails of course so I was out of the strike zone. Before I could even drop the rat in the bucket it would be snatched away from me immediately.

I had a great time and can't wait to do it again. I get to feed them all one more time before their owner returns home. Bonus! Next time I hope to have someone video tape it all.

No comments: