Wednesday, September 10, 2008

And Now for a Happy Post...

A new reader came along and commented that the first post she read was a sad one. I don't like the thought of that, so here is a happy post. :)

Ben is doing well in school and is probably the best reader in his class. GO BEN! It pays to read to your child from babyhood on. Russell and I have both read to Ben since he was very small and have continued to do so on a daily basis since.

It's a joy to know that he is so engaged and smart as can be. He takes pride in himself and his ability to read better than anyone in his class. He is six years old and if he were sitting in front of this post now, he'd be reading all of it. Not bad for a first grader!

All of my kids are turning out to be amazing individuals and I'm so proud of them all. I look forward to the years to come to see what they all do with their lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uber-cool! When I was in kindergarten, my dad and I would sit with the newspaper at the end of the day and he would help me learn the words. Life is soooo much easier when reading just becomes a tool, not an effort.