Tuesday, March 14, 2006

7 or 8 miles turned 10!

Mykel and I went hiking this past Sunday in the Lost Pines Forest at Bastrop State Park. Now I know why they call it the lost pines. We ended up a little disoriented along the trail somewhere...probably more than half way in and ended up doing an additional loop of trail turning our hike into a 10 miler. It was up and down alot, but really great. I was tired, but not near as tired as the 7 mile hike which I thought was odd. I supposed different terrain makes all the difference, even though we did have several good hills. The ground was fairly soft however and that made for better shock absorbtion on the body.

We found two geo-caches on this hike that were kinda fun. We logged our find but didn't leave or take anything. I must remember to bring stuff to leave and always forget!

Yesterday I went on a 5 mile hike in my neighborhood and concrete is much harder than natural ground to walk on. My feet were killing me after that one. I am going somewhere today, but not sure where yet. :)
I'll post pics of Lost Pines in the next day or so, so check back.

No comments: